It’s almost Fall….pumpkin spice latte’s, candles, pot roasts, bon fires, cozy sweaters, sweatpants and MINI SESSIONS…hollllaaaa!
It’s that time of year to go ahead and book your mini sessions! My mini sessions are simple, easy and fun. Starting mini sessions at the beginning of September and running them until the end of the year. If you’d like to get a head start on Christmas cards and gifts, the earlier you book the better.
Here the scoop:
- $150 (plus tax)
- Sessions are 30 min.
- Proofing gallery (you’ll receive an online gallery of your images from which to make your selections).
- 10 final edited images.
- Exclusive pricing for adding additional images.
- If you have more than 4 people or pets, you may want to bring a helping hand.
- Locations are not set in stone. If you have a location that you love and within the Triangle area, it is possible to shoot there. Otherwise here is a working list of preferred locations: Yates Mill Pond Park, Downtown Raleigh, Old Historic Oakview Park, NC State Arboretum, Eno River, Downtown Apex, Bass Lake.
- Mini Sessions are suitable for anyone, not just families. They can be high school or college senior sessions, couples, business headshots, if you can think of it and it can be done outdoors within 30 min, we can capture it!
- First come, first serve. September has a lot of flexibility, October and November get booked up rather fast.
- How do I book a mini session? Email me at email@example.com If your requested date is available, we’ll agree on a location and you’ll receive an invoice via Paypal. Once the invoice is processed, your date and time is secure. Your date and time is open until the invoice is paid in full.
- What time of day are mini sessions booked? I love to shoot just before the start of golden hour which is typically 90 min before sunset. That time changes as the day gets shorter. Weather can also be a factor. We’ll check in with each other the day before and if need be, the day of. It’s NC, the weather can be all four seasons in one day!
- How far do you drive for mini sessions? Most places in the Triangle area and Fayetteville. If you live far away, grab another friend or family that might want to book back to back with you and I may be able to head in your direction. :). I might be looking into coastal, mountain and Charlotte locations. Please express interest if you’re in those areas.
- What to wear? Definitely grab ideas from Pinterest and don’t get too matchy matchy. Gone are the days of all denim, all black shirts, all white shirts. Try different textures and colors. Think about what you want on your walls and in your home decor.
- What is the turn around time of receiving images? One to two weeks (sometimes sooner). The sooner your session, the faster the turn around. The more we get into autumn, the busier I get.
- How will I receive my images? You’ll be sent a link to an online gallery via a company called PASS. If you have a smartphone and would like to proof or enjoy your images on your cell, download the app (you can easily search in your apps but a link will also pop up when you receive your gallery. Your final images will be stored in the cloud for 10 years. Yep, 10 years.
- Can I print my own images? Yep. Your final images will be full resolution and you may print anywhere. Do I suggest anywhere? Not really. The local options are going to muddy your images. My recommendation is to use the shopping cart within your gallery. They are professionally printed images at a great price.
- Can I double a mini session? Yes. Some people don’t want a full session or need a full session but want a little more time. You can certainly block out an hour of time and double the session.
- My spouse or significant other is Special Forces/Classified; pretty please don’t post my family on the internet. Fine, I won’t post your adorable, amazing family on the internet. It’s killing me inside but I won’t. Just let me know ahead of time. Thank you for your service! I love your families so much. Military families get an extra 5 bonus images this year!
- Kiddos….they’re oh, so adorable, but oh so unpredictable. The best way to have fun, and joy filled images are to have happy little rugrats. Naps for the super little ones beforehand, full bellies, comfy clothes, their favorite toy and/or treats for bribery. Who are we kidding….we all stoop low to get a smile. lol. Also, great to bring a friend of the family or relative for extra help. Especially if Aunt Sally can get giggles by making silly faces while I am behind the camera.
- I keep my sessions simple. I prefer beautiful light, simple locations and capturing the emotion of your family rather than focusing on setting up fussy props. If you would like to bring props, go for it! Theme it up!
- Get in the mood. Magic happens behind the camera when beautiful light only accentuates the real moments of love in your family. So dad, get those dad jokes ready, have a glass of wine before your session if ya have to! lol Get the kids excited, maybe make an evening of it. Take them for pizza or ice cream afterwards (Again, I own it. Bribery works and I condone it).
- If you’re a couple, don’t kiss all day, listen to your favorite romantic love-sick Pandora station and remember why you adore each other. I promise..the magic will happen.
- Lastly, don’t take yourself too seriously. Be a goofball, I am a goofball. You will likely be laughing at me and not with me. So embrace your inner dork, who cares if you have a zit, who cares if your hair isn’t perfect, who cares if your teeth aren’t straight. Be after the moment. The present. Capture this sweet moment in your life. It’s priceless.
Please email me your requested date and location and we’ll get ya booked for 2017! firstname.lastname@example.org